The Lighthouse Platform aims to develop industry/researcher engagement in Photonic Technologies for the purpose of enhancing technology transfer in this area.
- Developing links between companies and research teams,
- Providing help to build and access markets
- Acting as a point of contact for government initiatives
- Providing assistance in the recruitment of new graduates and other skilled staff
- Providing a resource base for data and reports on industrial developments from around the world.
- Providing access to technical advice, specialised tools and state-of-the-art equipment.
The Lighthouse Platform periodically holds events in NZ for partners to showcase their research, and to develop networking between researchers, funders and users of photonics technologies.
These events are a great opportunity for R&D managers, technology officers and senior engineers to find out about the exciting future of photonics and optics and how this can be applied to deliver new technology solutions for their business.
Lighthouse Information Flyer Aug 2010
The Lighthouse Platform is a national initiative led by the Dodd-Walls Centre of Research Excellence and supported by Callghan Innovation, with the goal of developing photonics applications and engaging with industry in New Zealand and internationally.